They are those verbs that are conjugated in the indicative mode, that is, a grammatical mode that differentiates real events from unreal ones , so it expresses a verbal action that can be contrasted, in addition the issuer affirms or denies something as true. So, this means that any type of verb has a chance to be indicative, since it is possible to conjugate it from the infinitive to the following tenses, for example, past imperfect, present simple, compound conditional, antecopreterite or future perfect.
It is important to know that these verbs do not follow a specific rule , so they do not conform to a pattern of time or person, for example, if the verb in the infinitive is to dance, the present indicative of the second person plural is dormís. and the past is sleeping.
Examples of verbs in the present simple of the indicative
|What||First person of singular|
|You write||second person singular|
|The month||Third person singular|
|We obtain||first person plural|
|you clean||second person plural|
|recycle||third person plural|
Examples of verbs in the imperfect past of the indicative
|retouched||First person of singular|
|you played||second person singular|
|loved||Third person singular|
|we sang||first person plural|
|you were talking||second person plural|
|you were resurrected||third person plural|
Examples of verbs in the future compound of the indicative
|I will have fought||First person of singular|
|you will have painted||second person singular|
|will have investigated||Third person singular|
|we will have achieved||first person plural|
|you will have organized||second person plural|
|They will have fixed||third person plural|
Examples of the use of verbs in the indicative
- I studied a lot during the Christmas holidays.
- If you pray every day, God, our Lord, will hear you.
- Maria has already danced too much during the party.
- You will have won the women’s soccer championship.
- At the Harry Styles concert we will sing a lot.
- My aunt Celia lives in the city of Antwerp (Belgium).
- We have n’t talked about the situation in France yet.
- Juan Luis walks his dog Lucas every morning.
- His cousin studied Audiovisual Communication in Barcelona.
- On Thursday they will visit the new school exhibition.
- My family leaves tomorrow for the Valencian coast.
- His uncles are going out for a walk in the country with that couple over there.
- Mariana loves all the Harry Potter movies.
- All that group will have read that news in the newspaper.
- Berlin is in Germany and Toulouse in France.
- Students organize Biology work.
- On Saturday they will eat at Mari Carmen’s grandmother’s house.
- He wrote a story about the love of his life.
- Tomorrow at this time the meeting will have started .
- Your grandmother watered the neighbors’ plants.
- He had four dogs and two turtles in the house in town.
- This afternoon we swam in the gym pool.
- You used to have several coffees a day in the school cafeteria.